- Tutte le collezioni (11,088), La tua biblioteca (11,086), Lista dei desideri (2)
- horror (2,942), music CDs (1,482), fantasy (1,107), rock music (1,081), short stories (1,002), Lovecraftiana (922), science fiction (891), anthologies (686), poetry (662), signed (662), Margi's books (641), movie DVDs (626), biography (621), occultism (580), criticism (553), crime (481), magick (464), ghost stories (436), essays (432), pop music (417), rare books (405), art (325), limited editions (322), Thelema (307), Crowleyana (275), magazines (250), weird verse (238), 93 current (222), Cthulhu Mythos (220), Beatles (201), Victoriana (199), Australian rock music (196), occult fiction (188), music DVDs (187), journals (185), literature (175), Graham's books (175), witchcraft (159), history (152), fiction (151), cinema (142), most valuable (141), mythology (134), Egyptiana (134), reference (129), psychology (125), thrillers (120), Sherlockiana (117), autobiography (113), horror cinema (113), vampires (111), Arkham House (111), Goddess (110), radical culture (109), Poeiana (106), bibliographies (106), Qabalah (105), ancient history (103), Australian (102), interviews (96), documentaries (92), Burroughsiana (91), historical (88), prog rock (87), toad (86), television (86), comedy (86), politics (82), reviews (82), alchemy (81), Wicca (81), humour (80), philosophy (77), Australian horror (76), Surrealism (75), general fiction (75), Beats (74), feminism (74), occult detectives (74), letters (73), Australian poetry (71), astrology (70), religion (68), Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn (67), archaeology (62), graphic novels (62), Gothic (61), Australian science fiction (61), activism (61), how to write (60), Tarot (59), paganism (58), divination (58), CASiana (58), Blackmoreiana (57), plays (57), mysticism (56), large format (56), sexuality (55), Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood (55), comics (54), Sword and Sorcery (53), Ripperiana (53), true crime (51), pulps (49), folk music (49), New Aeon (49), Gnosticism (48), multi-signed (48), Tantra (47), sex magick (45), science (44), magic (44), Situationism (44), shamanism (43), encyclopedias (43), healing (43), audio CDs (42), Freemasonry (41), Celts (41), music (41), Satanism (40), adventure (39), Hammer Films (39), film tie-ins (39), Situationist International (39), Monty Python (38), spirituality (37), books about books (36), Weird Tales magazine (36), Rosaleen Norton (35), drama (35), anarchism (35), Orientalia (35), Australian pop music (33), audiocassettes (33), seasonal rituals (33), occult art (32), covers (31), horror writers (31), Enochian magick (29), planetary romance (29), avant-garde (29), Knights Templar (28), yoga (28), Australian fantasy (27), Tree of Life (27), Atlantis (27), musicals (26), Druidism (26), Dracula (26), Fu Manchu (25), Aleister Crowley (25), Rossetti (25), leftism (24), experimental music (24), soundtracks (24), Rosicrucianism (24), initiation (24), symbolism (24), cookery (24), chakras (22), ritual magick (22), Goetia (22), zombies (22), literary reference (22), erotica (22), dictionaries (21), language (21), spoken word (21), drugs (21), Dr Dee (21), A O Spare (21), lost worlds (20), audiobooks (20), Holy Grail (20), travel (20), grimoires (20), Isis (20), runes (20), catalogs (20), Australian fiction (19), werewolves (19), mummies (19), Hermetica (18), meditation (18), Necronomicon (18), demonology (18), Ordo Templi Orientis (18), Frankenstein (18), oldest books (18), Batman (18), talismans (17), Solar Pons (17), I Ching (17), Aboriginal spirituality (17), heroic fantasy (17), screenplays (17), Australian crime (17), supernatural (17), Australian literature (17), secret societies (16), sacred geometry (16), sacred sites (16), French literature (16), angel magick (16), Enochian (16), Jungian psychology (16), correspondence (15), cosmology (15), mystery (15), photography (15), serial killers (15), ritual tools (15), Egyptian magick (15), dreaming (15), Letterist International (15), sabbats (15), Hermeticism (15), goddesses (15), Buddhism (15), esoteric Christianity (15), science fiction cinema (15), women's studies (14), Tibet (14), Hinduism (14), Voodoo (14), rituals (14), Typhonian O.T.O. (14), astronomy (14), Left Hand Path (14), cut-ups (14), Church of All Worlds (14), herbalism (14), weird fiction (14), heavy rock music (14), self-help (14), Typhonian magick (13), heavy metal music (13), A.'.A.'. (13), psychogeography (13), chaos magick (13), Australian history (13), relationships (13), Sufism (13), Reclaiming witchcraft (13), paranormal phenomena (13), stage magic (13), Zos Kia Cultus (12), satire (12), decadence (12), Aboriginal culture (12), pyramids (12), Arthuriana (12), health (12), Australian weird verse (12), Dadaism (12), Theosophy (12), martial arts (12), chess (11), gematria (11), Robert Bloch (11), erotic horror (11), Lilith (11), Australian witchcraft (11), cats (11), gods (11), Nazism (11), Kali (10), horror movie DVDs (10), The Church (band) (10), subversive cinema (10), Osiris (10), Genesis P-Orridge (10), collage (10), animation (10), theatre (10), Neopaganism (10), Voudoun (10), emotional release (10), Celtic mythology (10), Anton LaVey (10), Set (10), hardboiled (10), Australian occultism (10), Kundalini (10), evocation (10), Australian Lovecraftiana (9), art how-to (9), anthropology (9), reincarnation (9), black magic (9), children's fiction (9), Black Mass (9), covens (9), spoken word CDs (9), evil (9), UFOs (9), alphabet (9), fantastic verse (9)
- Nuvola delle etichette, Nuvola degli autori, Specchio delle etichette
- Weird Tales Magazine, A Pearl of Wisdom and Enlightenment, Adventure Classics, Aussie Small Press and Spec Fic, Australian LibraryThingers, Babalon Down Under, Baker Street and Beyond, Books on Books, Bookshelf of the Damned, Cthulhu Mythos, Cyberpunks, Druidry, E. F. Benson, Freemasonry, Ghost Stories, Past and Present, glasgow, Happy Heathens, Hardboiled / Noir Crime Fiction, Hobnob with Authors, Horror, Initiation Into Hermetics, Legacy Libraries, mugwumps, Mystical & Spiritual, New Wave Science Fiction and Fantasy, Nonduality, Occult Hash Slingers, Practical Magick, Pulp Fiction, Radical History, Rare, Old or Offbeat, Resistance is Fertile!, Robert E Howard Appreciation Group, Sous les pavés la plage, Sufism, The Chapel of the Abyss, The Weird Tradition, The Witches of LibraryThing, Thelema, Weird Fiction, William Burroughs, xaos at heart
- Jul 2, 2006
- Nome vero
- Leigh Blackmore
- La mia biblioteca
- My library is about evenly split between horror/supernatural material, and occult/esoteric material. The horror includes many limited and signed first editions, a complete run of Arkham House books with a large collection of Weird Tales magazines and hundreds of anthologies. The esoteric collection is broadranging and covers Western magic, Rosicrucianism, Gnosticism, Thelema, Wicca and many other occult subjects. There is also a collection of political books centred around Guy Debord, the Situationists and anarchism. Additionally there are sections devoted to William Burroughs/The Beats; Victoriana, in particular the Pre-Raphaelite painters esp. Dante Gabriel Rossetti; and Surrealism and the Avant-garde. Most books in my collection are for sale - at the right price - though trying to part me from my Arkham House collection will require a crowbar as well as substantial quantities of moolah. As at Feb 2009 all the horror material is listed, and I am making good progress cataloguing the occult material- but bear with me, there's a long way to go!
There are certain authors I had extensively at one time that are no longer in my collection. Sold all my Stephen Kings back in 1990 to finance a trip to the Lovecraft Centennial in Providence. Gave all my Tanith Lees, Kim Newmans, & Peter Straubs to friends who were more fanatical about them than I was. Sold all my Robert E. Howards to a similarly enthusiastic fellow, and sold my collections of rock books (David Bowie, Beatles - 100 + volumes) and Beckett criticism (100+ volumes).
A Note on tags: I use the tag "toad" to indicate a hardcover book without a dustjacket. Almost all my books are hardcover in d.j.(where possible - some are paperback originals) but I always try and upgrade - so 'toads' are books I want in better nick - usually old and rarish volumes that I will ultimately replace with jacketed copies.
My wishlist: I use www.bookmooch.com, and my current books wishlist is there.
- Informazione su di me
- I am a writer, researcher, editor and occultist based in Wollongong, NSW Australia. I worked 25 years in the book trade and now run my own editorial business, Proof Perfect Editorial Services (www.proofperfect.net.au). I hold a Bachelor of Creative Arts (Writing, Honours). I'm a passionate bibliophile verging on bibliomaniac. I formerly co-edited Terror Australis magazine and edited the anthology TERROR AUSTRALIS: BEST AUSTRALIAN HORROR (1993) and have been President of the Australian Horror Writers Association (I edited Midnight Echo issue 5 for them). I write horror stories and am looking for a publisher for my first collection of them (contact me if you want to publish my stuff!). I am an initiate of the Crowleyan magical organisation Ordo Templi Orientis and with my magical partner Margi Curtis co-facilitate MoonsKin, an eclectic coven based in Wollongong NSW. I run workshops on ceremonial magick including Qabalah, Thelemic magick, Enochian, the Golden Dawn etc. My extended family is the best thing in my life and the rather massive book collection I brought here now belongs to all of us! You think I've read all these books? You've gotta be kidding!My current book is a collection of weird poetry, Spores from Sharnoth and Other Madnesses, of which US journal Dead Reckonings) said: 'this remarkable little volume immediately places Blackmore as one of the leading weird poets of our time". You can buy the P'rea Press edition here: http://www.preapress.com/ and the Rainfall books edition (variant contents) here: http://www.rainfallsite.com/Disciples12.html
- Anche su
- Autori preferiti
- Abraham Merritt, Frater Achad, Robert Aickman, Joan Aiken, Chrissy Amphlett, Robert Ansell, Cay Van Ash, Asia, Asia, J. G. Ballard, Nick Bantock, Clive Barker, Clive Barker, Robert H. Barlow, Matthew Barney, The Beatles, Charles Beaumont, Samuel Beckett, Henry L. P. Beckwith, Joe Bell, Michèle Bernstein, Michael Bertiaux, Peter Lamborn Wilson, Ambrose Bierce, Kent Blackmore, Leigh Blackmore, Rod Blackmore, Black Widow, Algernon Blackwood, James Blish, Wu Ming, Robert Bloch, Blondie, Henrik Bogdan, Grahame Bond, Guy Boothby, Jorge Luis Borges, Don Boyd, E. A. Wallis Budge, James Lee Burke, William S. Burroughs, Buzzcocks, Ramsey Campbell, P. H. Cannon, David Carroll, Jonathan Carroll, Dave Carson, John Carter, Lin Carter, James Cawthorn, Robert W. Chambers, Graham Chapman, Leslie Charteris, Lee Child, Chris & Cosey, Church, The Church, Harry Clarke, John Cleese, Carol Cleveland, Frank Coffman, Scott Connors, Storm Constantine, Peter Cook, Alice Cooper, Julian Cope, Richard Corben, J. Edward Cornelius, Elvis Costello, John Coulthart, David Cronenberg, Aleister Crowley, Amado Crowley, John Crowley, Current 93, Margaret Curtis, Margi Curtis, Margaret Curtis, Damn Fine Gentlemen, Guy Debord, Samuel R. Delany, Guillermo del Toro, August Derleth, Howard Devoto, Steve Diggle, J. R. "Bob" Dobbs, Terry Dowling, Carl Dreadstone, Stefan Dziemianowicz, Jason Eckhardt, Electric Light Orchestra, Doug Elliott, Harlan Ellison, Phillip A. Ellis, Brian Eno, James A. Eshelman, Dennis Etchison, R. Alain Everts, Julius Evola, Stephen B Fabian, Linda Falorio, Michael Fantina, Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu, Graeme Flanagan, Akkadia Ford, Simon Ford, Karen Joy Fowler, Robert Fripp, Peter Gabriel, Neil Gaiman, Andrea Gawthorne, Genesis, Terry Gilliam, Go-Go's, Lisa Goldstein, Kenneth Grant, Steffi Grant, Perry M. Grayson, Sonia Green, Edwina Grey, J. Daniel Gunther, Peter Haining, Barry William Hale, Christina Oakley Harrington, Frieda Harris, George Harrison, M. John Harrison, Russell Hoban, William Hope Hodgson, Stewart Home, Robert Hood, Robert Hood, Peter Hook, Alex Houstoun, Robert E. Howard, Jack Hunter, Eric Idle, Van Ikin, M. R. James, Japan, W.E. Johns, Jeffrey C. Jones, Meredith Jones, Terry Jones, S. T. Joshi, Falling Joys, Istvan Kantor, Mick Karn, James Kelman, Rick Kennett, Russell Kilbey, Steve Kilbey, King Crimson, Stephen J. King, T.E.D. Klein, Ken Knabb, Robert H. Knox, Peter Koppes, Kraftwerk, Led Zeppelin, Fritz Leiber, John Lennon, E. K Leyton, Thomas Ligotti, Steve Lines, Frank Belknap Long, Frank Belknap Long Jr., Charles Lovecraft, Charles Danny Lovecraft, Charles Daniel Whateley Lovecraft, H. P. Lovecraft, René Adolphe Schwaller de Lubicz, Robert Dean Lurie, Eric Van Lustbader, David Lynch, Arthur Machen, F. Gwynplaine MacIntyre, Greil Marcus, Esteban Maroto, Master Musicians of Jajouka, Richard Matheson, D. G. Mattichak, Paul McCartney, Patrick McGrath, Dave McKean, Grady Louis McMurtry, Marc A. Michaud, Ian Miller, Joni Mitchell, The Monkees, Michael Moorcock, Dylan Moran, Mogg Morgan, Harry O. Morris, Vali Myers, Nazz, Nema, Victor Neuburg, Victor B. Neuburg, Rosaleen Norton, Sinéad O'Connor, Gavin O'Keefe, Ordo Templi Orientis, O.T.O. Australia Oceania Lodge, Michael Palin, Dionysius Rogers, Adam Parfrey, Alan Parsons Project, Steven Paulsen, Michele Lee Phelan, Pink Floyd, Edgar Allan Poe, Roman Polanski, Iggy Pop, Genesis P-Orridge And Psychic TV, Genesis P-Orridge, J. K. Potter, Robert Price, Christopher Priest, W. H. Pugmire, Queen, Seabury Quinn, B. Michael Radburn, Radio Birdman, Israel Regardie, Keith Richmond, Duane W. Rimel, Sax Rohmer, Dante Gabriel Rossetti, Ralph Rumney, Todd Rundgren, Ken Russell, Ray Russell, The Rutles, Sabazius X°, James Sallis, Jack Sargeant, Dan V. Sauer, David J. Schow, David E. Schultz, Darrell Schweitzer, J. Vernon Shea, Pete Shelley, John Shirley, Donald Sidney-Fryer, Dan Simmons, Iain Sinclair, Stephen Skinner, Clark Ashton Smith, Guy N. Smith, Cat Sparks, Richard Stanley, Martin P. Starr, George Sterling, Bryce Stevens, Bryce Stevens, J. Allen St John, Bernard Sumner, Stuart Swezey, David Sylvian, Andrei Tarkovsky, Thomas Tessier, William Tevelein, Donette Thayer, The Angels, The Dukes of Stratosphere, Thee Temple ov Psychick Youth, The Jam, The Residents, Iggy and The Stooges, The Third Road, James Thurber, Richard L. Tierney, J. R. R. Tolkien, Lars von Trier, Cosey Fanni Tutti, Cosey Fanny Tutti, Psychic TV, Utopia, Utopia, Frank Utpatel, Tom Vague, Jeff VanderMeer, The Velvet Underground, Karl Edward Wagner, Brendan Walls, Donald Wandrei, Kyla Ward, Kyla Lee Ward, Robert E. Weinberg, Deb Westbury, John Wetton, John Wetton, Geoffrey Willans, Marty Willlson-Piper, Colin Wilson, Robert Anton Wilson, Wings, Gene Wolfe, XTC, Gerald Yorke, Thee Temple Ov Psychick Youth
- Luoghi preferiti
Librerie: Berkelouw Books (Leichhardt), Lotus Health and Wellbeing Centre, Oskar's Wild Bookstore
Biblioteche: Ordo Templi Orientis U.S. Grand Lodge Library, University of Wollongong Library, Wollongong Central Library
Gli iscritti hanno fatto di recente:
Connessioni ad altri utenti
- 50Watts, aaronlovecraft, AbhayKaviraj, Academic-Magic, alclark0, Amiziras, AndrewWheeler, anthimatter, anthonyandjessica, appydo1, arnzen, ashamel, AShR, AurealisMagazine, axarca, barrybaker, battlinjack, bcquinnsmom, Bernician, bibliorex, bluetyson, bookstopshere, brian_dare, BrigidsBlest, bruceandceals, CeceliaH, Chemyst, chg1, chrisloganedwards, christinejorja, Claire6y, CliffordDorset, Crypto-Willobie, cthulhuslibrarian, CUG, Curtisss, cynick, DamnationBooks, Dannelke, Dead_Dreamer, deadguy, deadskincells, die6die, dr_zirk, Eisler, elyos, fading_ember, Fictionman, fitzwater, frater_vep, G_Okeefe, gazmaniac, gdhaire, georgematt, Georges_T._Dodds, gmugmble, gumby75, iaosabao, ibonewits, imbolcfire, inkdrinker, israfel13, JaimeMcDougall, JAREDMONK, Jaybernstein, jenxs, JeremyCShipp, jesusandrew, jlcrow, joanne449, joehill, JohnAdcoxCarolBales, JohnGorski, johnnyapollo, jovike, JZTamer, Kaaron, keith418, KentonSem, kheperu, Kikhos_ba-Midhbar, kinoeyevertov, KoobieKitten, kurvanas, Kushana, LadyLovecraft, LeeBattersby, leoden, LindsayWalker, LisaShapter, LngWay2Go, macabrelibrarian, marc_beherec, mariamontgomery, mariaretz, matociquala, matthewpearl, MayorWhitebelly, MeetMeInTheStacks, Micko, MikeKo, miskatoniclibrary, morganhell, MR6686, mysticskeptic, no1bookreader, occidentalmartyr, panpiper, paradoxosalpha, paulhurtley, paulmoran, PhaedraB, Phoenix333, pipecad, PirateJenny, Randy_Hierodule, rbee, rdelupos, richardm123uk, RingoX, RobDavies, Rtrace, Rynemonn, Rynosseros, sailordanae, saint2001ron, Sammy_Munt, scotiviator, Seti_Scarabeus, setnahkt, shearrob, shivian, SimonHaynes, Smethers, Smoking_Mirror, solarisbooks, solis93, spiritus93, SRHarbin, StephenDedman, StevenLJones, stevenryan, StevenSpruill, strangefate, Suralon, Surtac, Susieqbarker, tabithabethia, TalieHelene, tartalom, TerryWeyna, theflyingbrick, TheNAC, theoldanarchist, theoldman, theratsmeow, Tinkerbell-NL, ToreKes, travelinlibrarian, tredegartrafalgar, tros, unapersson, vampduster, victoriajenkins, vigormortis, vintage_books, weirdfictionforever, William_T_Goodall, www.thisispk.org, yellowish_haze, yeschaton, yoyogod
- Biblioteca interessante
- 9days, aaronlovecraft, AbhayKaviraj, Academic-Magic, AndrewCottingham, anthimatter, ashamel, AshleyDioses, Bernician, bertilak, bluetyson, bookstopshere, bruceandceals, bubastis-oto, calum-iain, carpentermt, CeceliaH, cosmicdolphin, crookedstick, Crypto-Willobie, cthulhuslibrarian, cynick, Dannelke, Dead_Dreamer, DonovanLoucks, drokk, Eisler, elyos, eremiticlife, Fictionman, frater_vep, haiirouchuujin, Harry_Houdini, JeremyCShipp, jlcrow, johnnyapollo, JulieP, keith418, KentonSem, kinoeyevertov, kurvanas, LadyLovecraft, laudanum, LindsayWalker, macabrelibrarian, miskatoniclibrary, MR6686, mysticskeptic, nomadica, O_Hozomeen, Oceania_Library, panpiper, paradoxosalpha, PhaedraB, Pitoucat, Randy_Hierodule, Rtrace, saint2001ron, scotiviator, scottconnors01, Seti_Scarabeus, SFCinematheque, singinanarchist, ssamuels, StephenDedman, StevenLJones, stevenryan, Surtac, TheHPLHS, theratsmeow, unapersson, vintage_books, William_T_Goodall, worlock93, yeschaton, yoyogod
Questo sito utilizza i cookies per fornire i nostri servizi, per migliorare le prestazioni, per analisi, e (per gli utenti che accedono senza fare login) per la pubblicità. Usando LibraryThing confermi di aver letto e capito le nostre condizioni di servizio e la politica sulla privacy. Il tuo uso del sito e dei servizi è soggetto a tali politiche e condizioni.