- Check shelves (711), Review (6), stolen (5), waterdamaged (4), Kindle (2), Double? (2), pdf (2), Lost (2), real time (2), Copy sent contained underlining; refund sought (1), Gift from Ian O'Harae (1), waterdamaged; replaced (1), Not yet published? (1), Hardback received instead of paperback (1), Damaged - replace (1), own 1st ed? (1), Prior copy stolen (1), Converted to HB (1), David's room (1), eBook (1), Forthcoming (1), No DJ (1), Newer edition available (1), Gordon (1), Other edition (1), Libby's (1), Borrowed - not returned; Replaced (1)
- Nuvola delle etichette, Nuvola degli autori, Specchio delle etichette
- Jun 29, 2007
- Nome vero
- Ian Packer
- La mia biblioteca
- I have around 15,000+ books relating primarily to theology as well as philosophy, history, and social and political theory. It has been collected over about 30 years.
Cataloguing is going to take quite some time... *sigh*
- Informazione su di me
I am Executive Officer of the Australian College of Theology and Emerging Leaders Coordinator for Scripture Union in Western Australia. For 6 years, until my redundancy in November 2021, I was the Academic Registrar for Morling College (www.morlingcollege.com), the Baptist Theological College in Sydney; and also had some teaching responsibilities in theology, ethics, and Christian thought. I was an adjunct lecturer at Booth College (http://boothcollege.edu.au): in 2015 I taught on the problem of evil and also on the theology of work, leisure and vocation; and tutored on The Historical Jesus and the Gospels at University of Sydney (2014-2015).
I am working on my PhD in theological ethics or moral theology on ethics and vocation (originally supervised by Dr Ben Myers (of 'Faith and Theology' blog fame: http://www.faith-theology.com, Lecturer in Systematic Theology at United Theological College, NSW) and Dr Andrew Cameron (formerly Moore College, now Director of St Mark's National Theological Centre, Canberra)) and now at Sydney College of Divinity (with Dr Darren Cronshaw and Dr Gordon Preece).
2010-2015: I worked part-time as Assistant Director of ETHOS-EA Centre for Christianity and Society (www.ethos.org.au) with Dr Gordon Preece, a public theology venture between Australian Evangelical Alliance (www.ea.org.au) and Zadok Institute for Christianity and Society. This superseded my role as Director of Public Theology for Australian Evangelical Alliance (2007-2009).
I did my BA (Hons) in Politics, Philosophy and Sociology at Murdoch University, Perth, Western Australia. My honours thesis, supervised by Dr Ian Barns, was "Seeking a Community of Promise: The Ethico-Political Priority of the Ekklesia in Postmodern Public Theology." It entailed a critical comparison of the work of John Howard Yoder, Oliver O'Donovan and William Cavanaugh, looking at how their respective visions of Christian community related to their understanding of social ethics, public theology or political theology.
I went on to do my M.Div through Ridley College (Anglican - Parkville VIC) and Morling College (Baptist - Eastwood NSW).
I am interested in ethics, philosophy, hermeneutics, biblical theology, and systematic theology. I have a particular interest in theology of technology.
I have lectured at Harvest West Bible College in Ethics, Ecclesiology and Social and Cultural Trends; and guest lectured at Ridley College, Morling College, and Tabor College. Until its sad closure, I lectured for Macquarie Christian Studies Institute at Macquarie University in Sydney (www.mcsi.edu.au).
For two years I was a student pastor at Trinity Chapel, Robert Menzies College; and have worked one day per week as interim associate minister for Pennant Hills Baptist Church.
I've been a member of the Social Issues Committee for the Baptist Union of NSW and ACT, done similar work for the Baptist Union of Victoria, was a member of the Australian Public Theology Network, and a NSW representative of the Anabaptist Association of Australia and New Zealand.
More important than all these things really: I am married to Libby (for 30 years) and am the imperfect father of Danielle (29), Stephanie (27), Samantha (24) and David (22).
- Macquarie Park, Australia
- Pagina principale
- Autori preferiti
Gli iscritti hanno fatto di recente:
Connessioni ad altri utenti
- ajgoddard, andygoodliff, authorjdking, Bengt, BirdyTheolProf, BobonBooks, churchland, cowboymatt43, Davidpacker1234, DeeDeeWarren, douglashknight, DubiousDisciple, flynnkc, jamiepitts, jesposito, Joey-Ostos, Kushana, kweh, lchatwin, llyfrgellbach, MattCairns76, MattMackane, nilegomez, pastorjeffmyers, pastorpaul52, pomonomo2003, rad, reecejones, schuller, Sifralm, sjlb, socialtrinity, Stephen.Bray, WayneJField, wekooijr, zoecarnate
- Biblioteca interessante
- aaron.anderson, acbc, actlibrary, Admiralcreedy, amylaurahall, andrewtwalk, anselmhouse, baptisthistoryprof, benarbour03, bioethics, BirdyTheolProf, BMyers, bookme, BranMcD, brick142, BruceAshford, bryanjhickey, CasperDenck, cbenmitchell, Chandra97, charlespuskas, clbsj, DavidBurnett51, derekwhite, divlib, douglasebaker, drspkelly, dsilvernail, dwcongdon, Eerdmans, erisdunn, FaithAndWork, foehammer, framazzi, Friar_Tuck, garver, GeorgetownUP, icarmichael, IrisMurdoch, jamiepitts, jbfideidefensor, JensZ, jgibson000, JohnCapper, JonathanCahill, jtlevy, jwillitts, jwmccormack, LeeGatiss, mahigton, MarkDThompson, Michael_Godfrey, mkjones, ohclibrary, PeterHeslam, PeterKeegan, phronetic, pomonomo2003, pomorev, rad, redsox82, reecenator, sdarwall, Stanley-Hauerwas, stuartweir, svd2srv, TBN-RRL, TBNadvanced, thenowalks, thomasbaldur, thomstark, tibor1781, TimKeller, ViewfromtheBasement