- Nome vero
- Joseph Brinson
- La mia biblioteca
- "The poet is the priest of the invisible." - Wallace Stevens
"My poetry is, or should be, useful to me for one reason. It is the record of my individual struggle from darkness toward some measure of light." - Dylan Thomas
"Poets are damned...but see with the eyes of angels". - Allen Ginsberg
“Conditioned to ecstasy, the poet is like a gorgeous unknown bird mired in the ashes of thought.” - Henry Miller
“Lonely people tend, rather, to be lonely because they decline to bear the psychic costs of being around other humans. They are allergic to people. People affect them too strongly.” – David Foster Wallace
“Don’t bend; don’t water it down; don’t try to make it logical; don’t edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.” - Franz Kafka
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
“When people read his books they have an uncontrollable desire to hang the author in the town square. I can’t think of a higher honor for a writer.” - Roberto Bolano on Horacio Castellanos Moya
"Fish, free, cut sharp corners in their tank." - D. Keith Mano
"I went nowhere, I knew no one, I did nothing." - S. Townsend Warner
"Don't run after poetry. It penetrates unaided through the cracks." -Robert Bresson
"Success, as in adulation, adoration, or the ole spondulix, is a pitcher of cold spit when it comes to poetry." - Richard Derus
"He told himself he was inching closer to the poem of no return." - Steve Erickson
"Nothing written for pay is worth printing. Only what has been written against the market." - Ezra Pound
“The poet makes himself a seer by an immense, long, deliberate derangement of all the senses.” – Arthur Rimbaud
"I've always been drawn to tormented people full of contradictions." - Antonio Tabucchi
"I write poetry because I think it is the hardest thing I can do well. And so I simply enjoy the doing of it, as an equestrian enjoys spending time on a good horse. Poetry is my good horse." - Thomas M. Disch
"If you do not attain happiness, always remember that you are on a good path, and try not to leave it." - the elder Zosima, The Brothers Karamazov
"Solitude produces originality, bold and astonishing beauty, poetry. But solitude also produces perverseness, the disproportionate, the absurd and the forbidden." - Thomas Mann, Death in Venice
"Poetry is an art of constitution. Not only plastic 'composition'. But not a graceful maneuvering of representations or descriptions or stories or denotations, all of which teeter precariously on the brink of fetish."
- Bruce Andrews
Create your own visitor map!
- Informazione su di me
- Poet, writer, reader, pacifist.
- Charlotte, NC
- Autori preferiti
- Theodor W. Adorno, Leonid Andreyev, Antonin Artaud, Georges Bataille, Charles Baudelaire, Maurice Blanchot, Richard Brautigan, Larry Brown, Albert Camus, Louis-Ferdinand Céline, E. M. Cioran, Gregory Corso, René Daumal, Osamu Dazai, Gilles Deleuze, Jacques Derrida, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Tom Drury, Shūsaku Endō, Ernest J. Gaines, Santiago Gamboa, David Gates, William Gay, Madeline Gins, Juan Goytisolo, Pierre Guyotat, Oscar Hahn, Knut Hamsun, Kent Haruf, Hermann Hesse, Eugène Ionesco, Denis Johnson, Attila Jozsef, Ismail Kadare, Franz Kafka, Sarah Kane, A. L. Kennedy, Søren Kierkegaard, Ágota Kristóf, Pär Lagerkvist, W. Somerset Maugham, Michael McClure, Henry Miller, Friedrich Nietzsche, Wilhelm Reich, David Rhodes, Arthur Rimbaud, Marquis de Sade, Jean-Paul Sartre, Arthur Schopenhauer, Hubert Selby, Anne Sexton, Leo Tolstoy, Roland Topor, Nick Tosches, William T. Vollmann, Steve Weiner, Colin Wilson, Émile Zola
Gli iscritti hanno fatto di recente:
Connessioni ad altri utenti
- 50Watts, absurdeist, anisoara, anna_in_pdx, beelzebubba, blackdogbooks, CassandraRichmond, clawless, edlynskey, EdwardEinhorn, estellak, EveBrownWaite, JeremyCShipp, Jesse_wiedinmyer, Korrick, LolaWalser, matociquala, michaelstevens, mossby, richardderus, scottmga, slickdpdx, solla, Svetlana_Nesic, theaelizabet, TheresaWilliams, tomcatMurr, urania1
- Biblioteca interessante
- 0skar, 50Watts, absurdeist, alaskayo, AliceInPains, amillay, anisoara, beelzebubba, BillsProtennoia, blackdogbooks, charon79, clawless, Ctitus, dutts, edparks, elenchus, gdhaire, geneg, GlennRussell, HippieLunatic, hubertguillaud, isabelle612, j_miah23, JeremyCShipp, JimmyChanga, jordantaylor, LeslieScalapino, LolaWalser, lorettalu, LoriFox, m.scroggins, marietherese, Marla66, michaelstevens, MSarki, NateJordon, nymith, papalaz, pensivepoet, PhilOPosia, philosojerk, poetontheone, poetrycellar, pomonomo2003, portfinks, PostModernSleaze, readfast-dieyoung, S.D., satanburger, SeriousGrace, singinanarchist, Smiler69, socialradnar, Tallis72, theaelizabet, VolupteFunebre, Whinkla, worldsworstbutterfly
Questo sito utilizza i cookies per fornire i nostri servizi, per migliorare le prestazioni, per analisi, e (per gli utenti che accedono senza fare login) per la pubblicità. Usando LibraryThing confermi di aver letto e capito le nostre condizioni di servizio e la politica sulla privacy. Il tuo uso del sito e dei servizi è soggetto a tali politiche e condizioni.