- Tutte le collezioni (410), La tua biblioteca (239), Through the Magic Door (172)
- Sammelband 6 (9), Sammelband 1 (7), Sammelband 5 (2), Sammelband 3 (2), Sammelband 2 (2), Sammelband 4 (2)
- Nuvola delle etichette, Nuvola degli autori, Specchio delle etichette
- Dec 28, 2009
- Nome vero
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- La mia biblioteca
- "I care not how humble your bookshelf may be, nor how lowly the room which it adorns. Close the door of that room behind you, shut off with it all the cares of the outer world, plunge back into the soothing company of the great dead, and then you are through the magic portal into that fair land whither worry and vexation can follow you no more.
You have left all that is vulgar and all that is sordid behind you. There stand your noble, silent comrades, waiting in their ranks. Pass your eye down their files. Choose your man. And then you have but to hold up your hand to him and away you go together into dreamland.
Surely there would be something eerie about a line of books were it not that familiarity has deadened our sense of it.
Each is a mummified soul embalmed in cere-cloth and natron
of leather and printer's ink. Each cover of a true book enfolds the concentrated essence of a man. The personalities of the writers have faded into the thinnest shadows, as their bodies into impalpable dust, yet here
are their very spirits at your command."
-Through The Magic Door, 1907.
- Informazione su di me
- Sir Arthur Ignatius Conan Doyle, DL (22 May 1859 – 7 July 1930) was a British physician and writer, most noted for his stories about the detective Sherlock Holmes, which are generally considered a major innovation in the field of crime fiction, and for the adventures of Professor Challenger. He was a prolific writer whose other works include science fiction stories, historical novels, plays and romances, poetry, and non-fiction.
- via Wikipedia
Gli iscritti hanno fatto di recente:
ACDoyleLibrary ha recensito e aggiunto:
England's topographer, or A new and complete history of the county of Kent; from the earliest records to the present time, including every modern improvement. Embellished with a series of views from original drawings by Geo. Shepherd, H. Gastineau, &c. with historical, topographical, critical, & biographical delineations di W. H. Ireland
Connessioni ad altri utenti
- Biblioteca interessante
Questo sito utilizza i cookies per fornire i nostri servizi, per migliorare le prestazioni, per analisi, e (per gli utenti che accedono senza fare login) per la pubblicità. Usando LibraryThing confermi di aver letto e capito le nostre condizioni di servizio e la politica sulla privacy. Il tuo uso del sito e dei servizi è soggetto a tali politiche e condizioni.